counter

Saturday 26 April 2014

If like a crab...................

For the satirical rogue says here that old men have gray beards, that their faces are wrinkled, their eyes purging thick amber and plum-tree gum, and that they have a plentiful lack of wit, together with most weak hams—all which, sir, though I most powerfully and potently believe, yet I hold it not honesty to have it thus set down; for yourself, sir, should be old as I am, if like a crab you could go backward..

This is one of my favourite quotes from Hamlet. Wouldn't it be nice if we could go backward, reset ourselves like a computer. I would go back 4 years and try to find a way to avoid the quirks of PD. Unfortunately that's never going to happen.

Doesn't mean I can't go backward!

It happened while I was standing in line at IKEA - the great equalizer store. I was having a good day and felt relatively normal, when some unseen force, some malevolent demon, made me feel like I was going to fall over backward. I was able to catch myself and I think nobody, except my wife, noticed. I have since had the same feeling twice more - once on the stairs. Fortunately, no harm resulted. But, I can see it in my future - unless I am one of the lucky slow progressers or Dr. Oz comes up with a cure.

In the meantime, I shall try to live with it for, as Jon Bon Jovi once opined:

Success is falling nine times and getting up ten.

Like he knows!

No comments:

Post a Comment