counter

Wednesday 7 February 2018

"P" is for positive

"I have been following your personal blog almost since you first started it. I love your sense of humor and unique take on Parkinson's. A lot of what you describe seems to parallel other chronic diseases that many of us have either had or witnessed in others. Your positive attitude is a great inspiration to all who read your articles"

An old friend sent me this email and it made my day. People think it takes years to grow a lasting friendship. That may be true for civilians but for us, we military brats, it takes a couple of summers to develop close ties such that a good friend can be found in every city in Canada. Without the internet; however, I would not have known where to find my good friends. Our fathers / mothers moved us all over the country, rarely stopping in one place for more than 3 years and we settled in every province. But thanks to technology, for us military brats, the internet has, seemingly by accident, turned the world into a sleepy armed forces base on the Canadian prairie. I will give that place a name, "CFB Shilo" where in 3 years, I made more friends than I made in the next 40 - 50 years. The author of the quote above is just one of many that occupy a special room in my heart.

We are lucky people.

It is at times like this, awash in the glow of such encouraging remarks from an old friend, that I can stand up and prepare for the next onslaught on my health. It is coming..... but I shall be prepared. Rest assured I will not be beaten in my war against my brain. Join me in our expectation of ultimate victory. It is important for all PWP or victims of any other chronic condition to remember to keep positive, keep exercising, keep fighting and just when you think you have exhausted all possibilities for winning the day, you haven't. Try one more time.

No comments:

Post a Comment