counter

Sunday 2 September 2012

I hate that drum's discordant sound

Went to see the Neurologist on Thursday. He said I looked real good. Few more questions, few answers and the session closed with "You are definitely one of the ones I don't need to see for 6 months."

Good news, right? Well sorta....... I mean it sounds like I am progressing slowly and should be happy with that and, don't me wrong, I am.

But you know those old movies where the hunting party gets lost in the jungle? You know, the old black and white movies where there is always a man with a rifle and pith helmet, a beautiful woman who spends her time nervously sighing, with the back of her hand against her brow, and a faithful black servent, who talks in mono syllables.

Will they make it out alive???

It is looking good when, suddenly, a distant sound makes them stop. Pith-helmet man brings up his rifle, ever ready for action. Pretty lady swoons, and puts her hand to her forehead. The much too faithful servent explains, in mono-syllabic english, that it is native drummers sending messages. The drummers are looking for a man, a woman, and a faithful black servent. What will happen to our heroic three when the bad guys capture them?.....Who knows?

It is a moot point. Usually, if not always, they are rescued.

PD is like that. I am feeling pretty good at the moment but off in the distance I hear those PD tom-toms. The drummer is coming to get me, the jungle is impenetrable; and there does not appear to be any rescurer coming to save this poor old star-crossed, erztz-warrior.

While I am waiting to be rescued, I will try to be as optimistic as my doctor seems to be.

By the way, the doctor gave me a drug to settle me down when I give evidence at the upcoming trial. Should help calm the stress induced tremors.

Oh, and he had never heard of gou teng!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment