counter

Friday 16 August 2013

I shake, therefore I am - PD philosophy for the modern world or, maybe it is just a rant.

For some reason PD has been in the city's media this past week, both TV and radio (and probably the newspaper, which I only buy for the sports page and the crossword puzzle). One PWP runs, if I remember correctly, 3 miles a day with a 25 pound weight in a knap sack on his back. Makes me jealous as I have only just made it back to my pre-PD warm up of one mile, no weights, and extremely slow. However he is only 48, 20 years younger than I. He could face many more years of dealing with the condition or maybe there will be a cure in his lifetime. Either way, he will be in good, albeit shaky, condition when the end game arrives. I doubt there will be a cure in my lifetime but one never knows. Anyway, I learned there are only about 6,000 people who have PD in my province out of a population 1.2 million.

Until you put something into perspective, you never know if you are cursed with bad luck or blessed with good luck. At 1 of 6,000 PWP, out of 1.2 million other people, I think I have enough perspective to conclude my luck sucks as far as PD is concerned.

However, I still consider myself to be blessed; after all, it is really the only bad luck I have had in 67 years, touch wood.

Thus endith my rant.


Here are the statistics for last week.


  1. Canada 65
  2. Latvia 35
  3. United Kingdom 34
  4. United States 23
  5. Israel 13
  6. France 6
  7. India 5
  8. Ukraine 3
  9. Russia 2
  10. China 1

Total to date - 15,210 page views. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment