counter

Saturday 22 March 2014

It's a most delusional day

It's a most delusional day
Feel my sanity slipping away
I'm seeing things
Like bank robbers with wings
Sometimes they just blow me away
It's a most unusual, oddly confusional
In a strictly illusional way
It's a most delusional day!!!

Yes, they are back! Hallucinations, if you need an identity. Several yesterday and a couple today. The three I remember are (1) a little girl pushing a baby carriage (2) A man in a chef's suit standing beside me, and (3) my wife sitting on the couch across from me. What do these have in common? Nothing, except they weren't really there. They only last a portion of a second and I only sense them out of the corner of my eye. Ergo, they are not real. The only little girl I know is my granddaughter who, at these moments, anywhere from 4AM to 6AM, is fast asleep or just waking up, in her own bed, in her own home. There was no chef in the house; why would there be? And my wife was in bed sleeping.

What causes these apparitions? I put it down to one of four possibilities:

  1. It's the drugs but, if they were the cause, why wouldn't I see them all the time?
  2. It's the "disease" but - I am only into my fourth year. Much too early for ghosts or ghostly hallucinations.
  3. It's Exhaustion - probably. These visions only occur in the very early morning, when I am still tired and concentrating on a crossword, or reading the paper.
  4. On the other hand, maybe I am just nuts!

They don't bother me usually but, what if they are ghosts? That might freak me out.

Fortunately, I don't believe in ghosts/apparitions because we never hear reports of a spirit haunting while naked. Check out these pictures. All the ghosts are fully dressed. Show me a picture or a written report of a naked ghost's appearance. Not going to happen. One can only dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment