counter

Monday 14 December 2015

Hair today, gone tomorrow

She asks me why, I'm a hairless guy
I'm hairless noon and nighty, night, night, less hair that's a sight
I'm hairless high and low, don't ask me why, don't know
It's not for lack of bread, and I'm grateful I'm not dead, but

I'd rather a head with hair, long beautiful hair
Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen
Give me a little more head hair, long, short, I don't care
Just a touch, an inch of hair, where? Momma, everywhere! Daddy, daddy why am I losing my HAIR!!

OK, so I am not hairless, but I am well on my way!

One of God's little giggles is that he takes hair away from men's heads but allows it to grow rampant in his nose and ears while his eyebrows flourish. Lately, I have noticed that I seem to be losing head hair at an alarming rate. I ask myself "Why? Why me?" I get no happy answer. I expected some hair loss in the later part of my journey through life but, and it is a big "but", my latest loss is hair loss on steroids.

Is it the drugs? My first reaction is that would be unlikely. Hmmm, trust but verify. The answer must be out there in the ethernet and so I google "mirapex hair loss" and damned if I don't find a few hundred sites that answer my question. "Yes, my follically challenged friend, mirapex can be the culprit!" Well, logically, I can't stop taking that drug. I would just replace hair loss with a ridiculous tremor. I begin to swear. My throat tightens and I suppress a tear(The drugs are turning me into a drama queen, but that will be a subject of another entry); and I can't stop lovin' my lack of tremor and so I pop a mirapex and console myself with the notion we are all born bald baby (Telly Savalas) and face it, I guess it is better to have a hairless head than no head at all.

Where have all the hippies gone, long hair passing?
Where have all the hippies gone, long hairs ago?
Where have all the hippies gone?
They grew old like everyone.
Oh, when will we ever learn?
Hair, like youth, will ne'er return?

If you lived in the Sixties, you will please forgive my bastardization of our music.

No comments:

Post a Comment