counter

Wednesday 29 March 2017

Not this again!!

I haven't reread all of the entries in my blog. I usually write them and read them once or twice and then I post them. Most entries are just a stream of consciousness, so I only have a vague memory of having written about today's topic in an earlier post, but I must have done so because I firmly believe in it and research confirms it. What I am talking about is The power of positive thinking, today's topic.

My wife is the cause of this lesson. She successfully fought cancer...... God! I can't believe I would ever encounter the word "cancer" when speaking of a loved one.....! When she was going through chemo and radiation. I tried to give her positive feedback. I was certain she would be OK and any negative thought to the contrary was vanquished to the dark parts of my brain. I don't know if I was of any help but the fact is, now she is cancer free and I am confident she will outlive me.

Positive thinking was our theme du jour earlier today. My wife and I were talking about my situation:

  • she asks me how I am doing
  • I am doing fine, a little shaky. I had trouble sleeping and getting out of bed, but I am fine now.
  • She looks serious and we talk about her fear of cancer
  • She tells me she admires the way I am handling PD
  • I am OK (I am watching a hockey game on TV which might account for my lack of conversation)
  • But, she says, you might be wrong
  • No, it is what I really believe. I am going to be OK, I'd rather have PD than cancer.
  • There will be a cure for PD in the not too distant future
  • She nods her head and says that is quite possible; they seem to have new drugs all the time
  • There is no doubt. I am right
  • I gently conclude with a proclamation of certainty. I am positive that PD won't advance quickly and a cure or slow down drug is in the offing.
The conversation ends when the Jets score and she walks away remarking on my short attention span. I hope she has some positivity about her success in her perverse dalliance with the BIG C.

How did I get so positive? By following these rules.

  • I believe my entire life will be good. It has been for the past 71 years so why would it change now.
  • I try not to let any negativity get me down. When any negative thought appears in my brain, I analyze it until it gives in and surrenders
  • I believe I can predict the future and it is so bright, "I have to wear shades"
  • I am convinced that if I fell into a bucket of shit, I would come out smelling like roses
You can do it too. As I have probably said in the past, keep your face toward the sun and you won't see your shadow. You do have a future and the day will come, sooner, not later, when some unknown scientist will rid the world of PD.

Good riddance, I say.

No comments:

Post a Comment