counter

Monday 15 May 2017

Ring - a - ling - a - Lario
What am I to do?

Those vicious PD dreams, mentioned in earlier posts, haunt and taunt me quite frequently now. Two in the past 2 days! I have forgotten the first one but I woke up with a soundless scream and yesterday's dreams became significant when I punched the side table. It seems that I and four former students, 2 girls and 2 boys decided to buy up all the land in Manitoba, north of The Pas. For income tax reasons, we put the land in the name of one of the boys. When oil was discovered, the title owning boy refused to give us any of the mineral royalties that had accumulated to the lofty sum of $100.00 (apparently we had no business sense!). Anyway, there was constant arguing and when the titleholder hit me, I returned with a fury; hence my fight with the side table. If a tussle with a table doesn't scare you, you are a freak of nature.

What do these neurosis inducing, but virtually real, dreams mean?

I googled and the net is awash with the meaning of dreams. I chose articles from The Huffington Post. I assume accuracy. After all, it is the Huffington Post. Sadly, none helped. They were interesting, but the ones I read dealt only marginally with virtual realty nightmares. These dreams, caused by PD and/or PD medicine can be a touch scary and are dangerous. What if I hit my wife rather than the side table?

I found the following concerning PD dreams:

*
Studies estimate anywhere between 15 and 85 per cent of Parkinson’s patients also suffer from the condition. Prashanth Reddy, consultant in movement disorders at King’s College Hospital in London, explains: ‘A normal sleep cycle lasts between 90 minutes and two hours.

At the end of each cycle, you enter a phase of sleep where you dream, which lasts between 15 minutes and one hour.

‘In most people in that state, muscle tone is lost and there’s a biological switch that disconnects the brain from the body so we don’t act out our dreams. But in people with RBD, they switch malfunctions, and they tend to act out their dreams.

‘For example, if someone dreams they are being chased, they may try to run away and jump out of bed.

'Often, when they wake up, they can match up the recollection of the dream with the physical reaction they’ve had.

It’s one of several sleep problems that can occur with Parkinson’s.

So, what do my PD dreams men? I think "nothing". They are simply a symptom of my condition and I cannot do anything about them. If I ever hit my wife under the influence of PD, I will be devastated.

Besides, she might hit me back and she lifts weights for exercise!

*Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-2782719/Parkinson-s-The-bad-dreams-warning-sign.html#ixzz4hBYjFfbH Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete