counter

Monday 30 October 2017

25C to 0C with a bullet

It is true.  Last week the temperature on one day was 25C (77F) and within 24 hours it had fallen to a daytime high of 0C (32F) where it has remained these past 4 or 5 days. If that wasn't bad enough, during that period I noticed a distinct deterioration in my balance.  At my wife's urging, I applied for a parking pass.   Here is the physiotherapist's report in support of my application:

".....presents with the typical Parkinson's shuffling gait pattern.  His walking speed and stride length is compromised as is his balance; thus, he is more prone to tripping and falling.  He has had several falls and snow and ice increase the possibility of injury"


Sadly, all is true.  I remain optimistic.  If I did no talking, people I meet would have no clue of my condition.

I have deferred any rendezvous I might have with a deteriorating body until sometime after my death.

The high today is +1C. I ain't scared of no snow and ice, got me a parking pass.

No comments:

Post a Comment