counter

Sunday 8 October 2017

Shakin' all over

It wasn't enough to take away my voice and make me sound moronic at those times when I should be showing off any quick-witted intelligence that, I think, once controlled my brain, but now, for a few minutes each day (when the medicine is wearing off) I get inner shaking in my limbs. That old familiar feeling!

What and interesting but insidious condition is PD!

Personally, I look forward to the day, we wipe it off the face of the world, ala small pox and polio. I hold out hope we will arrive at that conclusion sooner than later. I want to be able to smell flowers again, sign my name the same way each time, and hold out my hand with a steady grip. You know, the little things that PD has robbed us of.

There must be a way out of here
said the victim to the pope
Can religion bring a cure to me
Right now it's hard to cope

Can your amens take away
This shaking haunting me
Look toward the holy faith
His truth can set you free

I shake my head as if to say
The Allmighty is a fraud
No sense to start in praying
I doubt there is a god

No reason to be dubious
I've seen it work before

I think his words are flimflam
I wish to hear no more

All upon the jump tower
Where people go to pray
Facing the horizon
With thoughts enclosed by clay
Their prayers are filled with confidence
I've heard the people say
The Lord will fix the problem
And send that fix my way

What is all this nonsense
But the moment's finally broke
Their prayers are never answered
And then the victim spoke

I know that with a certainty
A cure will come some day
Your prayers are not hurting me
So go ahead and pray.

It's true, the cure will not be discovered by the religious, but it is a good plan to cover all possibilities, even if we believe it will be at the hands of a science nerd that PD will finally be dealt with - forever. So support your local nerds. The geeks of the world must be treated with love and care; after all, they are the only ones intently interested in the details of PD. It is in the details that the cure is lurking. You have my permission to carry on.

There is a difference between geeks and nerds:

  1. Geek: May the force be with you
  2. Nerd: May the force be equal to the mass times acceleration.

No comments:

Post a Comment