counter

Thursday 5 July 2018

Andanotheronebitesthedust

Since my last entry shed no light on the placement of the advancement of my condition on whatever scale, and given that I seem to be at sea whenever I walk, I have had to admit to myself that PD is winning and will probably defeat me in the not so distant future.

BANG!

Well that negative thought just got blown out of the brain and was replaced with veiled positive carnage.

Actually, I reacted to the lack of clarity of the stage of PD in which I find myself by getting out the bike and going for a short jaunt, falling only once at a stop sign. I will try again this weekend. I further added to my inventory of weaponry by dusting off my nordic poles and walking about 2 miles. You should try it. the benefits are quickly realized. Check it out.

A few of the benefits of nordic pole walking

  • uses 90% of the body's muscles
  • burns up to 47% more calories than regular walking
  • increases aerobic effect by up to 25% compared to regular walking
These are just 3 of the many benefits of nordic walking. Google "nordic pole walking". Try it. You will like it.

And it might banish those negative thoughts we all experience.

Once you replace negative thoughts with positive ones, you will start having positive results (Willie Nelson)

No comments:

Post a Comment