counter

Wednesday 21 November 2018

Raise your hands if you like exercising

I don't like it too much. In fact, I hate the thought of it but always makes me feel better when I am done, but nevertheless, I was going to cut back, then I read the following, reposted by a fellow PWP in his blog, Parkinson's in the PEG:

Results showed that habitual exercisers had an increased release of dopamine compared with sedentary patients. They also had greater activation of ventral striatum during the MRI reward task. Their apathy and bradykinesia scores were also lower than sedentary patients.

These results suggest that exercise is associated with improved motor and non-motor functions in Parkinson’s patients, which is likely linked to exercise-enhanced dopamine release.

“Although it appears that exercise plays a role in the clinical outcome of subjects with PD, future randomized control trials are needed to determine the cause-effect relationship between exercise and enhanced DA [dopamine] release, response to anticipation of reward, and clinical outcomes,” the researchers wrote. “Future studies should also investigate other potential mechanisms of benefit from exercise,” they added.

I immediately went for the treadmill and bicycle (30+6 minutes) followed by 10 minutes of Gi-Gong then 15 minutes of chair stretching and finally weights and medicine ball until I could not take more.

I am back sweat pack! Thanks Gary.




No comments:

Post a Comment