counter

Tuesday 15 January 2019

PD is a frumious bad play. We believe it will disappear in the third act.

I am going to relate for you a metaphoric story and ask that you weep along with me.

A few years ago, when I was a runner, I was jogging through the forest, following a twisting path. I had run this path many times without incident; but, this time, as I cruised around one bend, I came face-to-face with a deer eating grass. He looked up, saw me, stopped eating and if a deer could smile, he did. He stood still some 75 feet away. I wasn't afraid. I have seen "Bambi". These are gentle creatures, but he was blocking my route.

 I assumed an aggressive stance, my face a mask of terror. I thought if I ran toward him, with arms flying above my head, he would recognize the danger that was about to befall him and run away.

Not bloody likely! Instead of a retreat, he started toward me. When I stopped, so did he.

"Right" I muttered aloud, "See if you can take this?" and I ran at him, screaming.

He ran toward me.

 I stopped. He stopped.

 The deer slowly trotted toward me.  He seemed to want a piece of me.  I threw machoness to the wind and, like Jubilation T. Cornpone, I accepted my defeat and bravely walked backward until I got around the bend and then made a mad dash for the highway,  turning my brave and glorious retreat into a rout.  When I looked back, the deer was gone.

Forsooth, later I ran the same path and many other forest paths with no problems.

So, what's the metaphor?  Sometimes you have to admit the obvious.  Some things at first seem quite benign but with time they can change.  Improvement I am betting.  Yes, I believe the end is nigh, but there are bound to be setbacks along the way.

I know.  I know.  Pretty weak metaphor but  I needed a story of hope, a kind of Nil Bastardi Non Carborundum tale.  The deer won that little foray, but I won the forest.

I am entering my 9th year and have encountered one or two setbacks but I can't believe my future will be as bad as medicine predicts.

Only the courageous can allow themselves a glimpse of a better future.  Be that person.  Be brave enough to conclude victory.  If you find yourself obsessed with a deer, you might as well capitulate at once.

But as I write this, I scratch an itch on my cheek and off comes a small patch of skin.  Well damn! What now?  A half an hour later, after seeing several small patches of peeling skin on my face,  I discover that Chronic seborrhea is associated with PD.

Are we having fun yet??????

No comments:

Post a Comment