counter

Monday 5 September 2011

Two and A Half Good Days

I can have good days and bad days. Bad days involve exhaustion, tremor and leg cramps, or any combination of those. Good days involve slight tiredness, reluctant tremor and only some leg stiffness.

The past 2.5 days have been pretty good. An afternoon nap of 15 minutes each day prevented the exhaustion and the medication kept the tremor to a minimum. Some loss of balance, especially when getting out of a soft sofa; although, I am not sure I can attribute that to PD. I feel it is just the aging process, as I have seen it happen to others of my vintage.

One other symptom I may be experiencing is impaired speech. Parkinson's disease sufferers sometimes have problems speaking. Their voices are often monotonous and hard to hear. I am not so certain about this in my case. I do know my voice is developing a certain harshness to it, but monotonous and hard to hear...... Well, maybe. My wife is often complaining....what?.....pardon me?......sorry?....can you speak up?... can't hear you!, etc. My problem is I am not sure if it is my speech problem or her hearing problem. After all, she too has passed sixty.

Besides, I never could speak well enough to be unintelligible.

No comments:

Post a Comment