counter

Saturday 28 January 2012

Get these mutts away from me

It has been a year since I first noticed the tremor in my right hand. Curiously, at that time, the tremor only arrived following a hard workout. It wouldn't last long and I just put it down to excessive exercising. Then, in Miami Beach, it would hit me after a long run in the sun and lasted longer. I put up with it for a month before seeing a neurologist.

In that year, the tremor has settled down, probably due to the drugs; although, many mornings I go for my walk without having taken the drugs and my hand is not bad at all. I should rejoice, but in the back of my mind there is this little voice telling me PD is not going away and will only get worse. That puts a damper on any rejoicing I might be due.

We head back to Miami Beach in 3 weeks for an extended (for us) vacation. I hope to keep all stressors away from my brain and just relax in the sun; well not totally relax, I will run the beach everyday. No stress should keep the tremor at bay and running (exercising) is supposed to slow down the progression of the disease.

The joys of a degenerative brain disease! Maybe I should take Archie Bunker's advice:

You'd better start mixing toothpaste with your shampoo. You're getting a cavity in your brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment