counter

Saturday 21 April 2012

Am I from a different planet? No, seriously.....am I?

This condition and/or the medication can cause some strange things to happen. One or both can lead to vivid dreams - a type of virtual reality. Unfortunately, all mine are eerie and rather disturbing. Two recent dreams;

1. I am walking through a forest. I can feel a cool breeze and it makes me shiver. Just past the entrance to the forest, green leaves begin to turn yellow and, as I continue my journey, the leaves change to orange and back to green. This pattern continues until the trees are leafless. Tall trees with stout limbs. In the distance I can see things hanging from the trees and suddenly, I find myself among the hanging things. I look at them. They are humans, hanging by their necks. All dead. As I walk, the hanging humans become more numerous and soon I am bumping into them and then....I wake up!

2. I, and somebody else, are being pursued by a man in a black car. We are in a small "very smart" car. I am driving. We head out of town and in the distance is the "forest reserve" (Shilo brats will know whereof I speak). We take a dirt road that runs along the north side of the forest. We careen down the road, dust flying everywhere, with the black car catching up when I realize I am no longer able to steer and my legs are too short to reach the peddles. My companion says nothing he/she (not sure which) just stares ahead. "Don't worry" I say, "I will turn on the automatic drive and GPS and the car will know where to go". The car turns to the right onto another dirt road and then....then I am in a dank basement, with my companion, who now is most assuredly a female dressed in blue velvet. There is a terrible odour. We are frightened. A presence in the room is forcing us toward a steel door. The smell is getting stronger. The door opens and we step inside. The presence is no longer with us and we relax. The odour is overpowering. I turn on the light and piled up on the floor are - I don't know, but whatever they were, they were things that stank. Anyway, my companion turns to me and I take her hand and we run toward the steel door but the presence is back and is chasing us. We pass through the doorway and I reach back to pull the door handle and close the door to keep me (the female is gone now) safe from the presence. Then......... I wake up to reality, sort of, with my right hand stretched out of the bed, reaching for that door! Only a dream! Kind of interesting. Even wide awake I try to imagine endings to the story but I get bored and start exercising before leaving for my daily walk.

All kinds of lunacy happens in dreams, all kinds. Or, maybe I am just a lunatic!

No comments:

Post a Comment