counter

Friday 13 April 2012

And the hits just keep on coming!

Two new developments:

1. While I was lying down on the bed, the big toe on my right foot started jumping around.

2. I can feel a periodic, slight tremor starting in my left hand. It is nowhere near as bad as the right hand tremor but it does indicate a progression of the condition.

I had another voice therapy session today. It was quite enjoyable. One exercise involves making the "aaawww" sound into a microphone connected to a computer. The computer shows you the loudness of your voice and the quality of your voice as moving graphs across the screen.

The therapist is trying to get me to speak louder. I feel like she is having me shout, but a sound measuring gadget shows me that I am speaking too softly; my decibel range is well below the range of 65 to 75 decibels, the normal speaking range. With work and encouragement, she had me speaking normally. I had my doubts, so she turned the gadget toward herself and she spoke into it, in her usual conversation voice, and I could see she was in that normal range. That gives me a clue as to how I should sound (internally) to achieve normal loudness in my everyday speaking. I am actively trying to do that now, even though I still think I am shouting.

Oh well.....what's next?

No comments:

Post a Comment