counter

Friday 29 June 2012

"Abstainer: a weak person who yields to the temptation of denying himself a pleasure." (Ambrose Bierce)

Right.

Now then.

I am afraid I may have to brand myself a moron. It's not like I haven't experienced the effects of missing a dose of drugs, or the effects of combining alcohol with amantadine. I have written about both before. There is nothing positive about either. So what do I do? Well yesterday, I neglected to take any medication between 3:30AM and 5PM and was somewhat perplexed that while watching "Being Human" (British version) on Netflix, my right hand started jumping around like it had a mind of its own.

You would think one should be able to control the movement of one's hand by issuing the "stoppit!" command from one's brain.

Unfortunately, the brain itself is the problem and no amount of thinking or issuing demands will overcome the lack of control the brain has over itself. My hand continued to vibrate and dance for at least 2 hours after I took my medicine (mirapex and amantandine) at which time, I decided a small glass of wine would not hurt me. Guess what! It did. Insomnia and only 2 hours of sleep.

Everybody makes mistakes from time to time, but only an idiot insists on repeating them.

I highly recommend the British version of "Being Human", if you can accept the premise of a ghost, a vampire and a werewolf living together and trying to act human.

Only a dreamer, a thinker and a philosopher would appreciate this show. Or, as my wife says, "an idiot".

Ok, I can accept that title today.

No comments:

Post a Comment