counter

Wednesday 20 June 2012

I"'m sure hurting (whooo, oh, oh, ooooh) Yeah hurting (whooo, oh, oh, ooooh)" Roy Orbison

It's been 10 days since my last entry and things are good. Well, if you don't count myoclonic spasm symphony and the muscle spasm that has inserted itself in my back.

I believe I mentioned the myoclonic spasms. They occur in bunches anytime my body relaxes. For example, at bed time, or lying down watching TV, or reading a book sitting up. Some can be quite violent, lifting my head off the bed a couple of millimeters when the spasm occurs in my neck. Others are just rather amusing. They cause an arm or a leg or, as I said, my neck, to suddenly twitch as if I have received an electric shock and they occur without warning. I have between 3 and 7 per session. They never occur when I am doing something, only when I am relaxing. Everybody has had one at some time, usually just as you are falling asleep and you are literally jerked out of your reverie.

The muscle spasm has been around for 4 days now. I can't remember hurting myself and from what I have read, muscle spasms can occur anywhere on the body of a PwP. It is very bothersome and can really hurt at times. Its severity is the same today as when it first occurred so I think that cancels out an injury. Heat helps and fortunately, we are suffering from a mini ice age here, so I do not get too hot lying on a heating pad. It certainly curtails my activities.

I also have a slight pull in my groin, but it is the result of activity. Whenever that happens it reminds me of watching Rita Rudner on TV. She is a funny lady. She said,"I got kicked out of ballet school because I pulled a groin muscle. It wasn't mine."

page reads to date: 6072

No comments:

Post a Comment