counter

Thursday 7 June 2012

“The strongest symptom of wisdom in man is his being sensible of his own follies

Bradykinesia - I had it yesterday and a few weeks prior - or at least I thought I did. Today, however, while on my walk, I decided not to listen to Afghanada, a radio drama about the troops in Afghanistan, but rather I would listen to George Thorogood and the Destroyers, billed as the world's greatest bar band. Their music is hard driving rock 'n roll. It is amazing how music can control movement. For example, all of my grandchildren would stand and bounce up and down to any sort of lively music, quite naturally, at 10 months or so. For me, the beat of the Destroyer's music caused me to speed up my walk. I finished 10 minutes earlier than yesterday. What relief! My bradykinesia was all in my head (I hope). I just needed some help. I continue my descent into hypochondria.

In fact, I have self diagnosed myself as having paranoid hypochondria....but....I may be faking.

No comments:

Post a Comment