counter

Friday 5 October 2012

There's just no point to it!

I no longer point to things with my right hand. It is too embarrassing. Not only does my hand shake, but my pointing finger gets into the act as well, vibrating up and down at lightning speed. I can usually hit a target I am aiming for, such as the touch screen in my vehicle, but it takes a few seconds. Fortunately, I have voice command for the radio stations I know the call letters to, but otherwise it is a waste of time, and dangerous (I take my eyes off the road), to try to use the menu while driving with one hand while the other hand gets its exercise.

The result is, I no longer point because there is just no point to it.

My pointing finger also operates the left hand button on my mouse. While my finger doesn't have a continuous vibration when it is on the mouse, it does have a way of clicking the button without my input, or hitting a letter twice when I want it to strike only once. These little joys can be quite frustrating. For example, one time I was writing a long report and about 3/4 of the way through, my finger hit the button 3 times. The report disappeared and I don't know where it went or what caused to go away. I don't know what happened, but whatever it was, it happened very quickly. I need to find a way to harness that energy!!

The body continues its inexorable journey of deterioration. But, today, I feel good and who cares what tomorrow may bring. To paraphrase Mark Twain I can easily endure adversity.......... Another man's, I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment