counter

Sunday 21 October 2012

This & That & The Other Thing

I haven't much to write about and I guess that is a good thing. I do get the occasional cramp in my right leg. They're not so bad. I just stand up and, for a few minutes, I go to my happy place until the cramp decides to leave me be. Where is my happy place? I don't remember. It is different every time. I wouldn't want my imagination to get into a rut.

When I am resting, my body can jerk around like a marionette that is being manipulated by a drunken puppeteer, but, in some twisted way, I enjoy those. Some times, they can be brutal and for a moment, I feel like how that girl in The Exorcist must have felt, a part of me momentarily suspended in the air. It is only for a nano second, but it is an experience. Most of the time, the twitches are just gentle reminders that all is not well with my brain. Either that or I am possessed.

One possible foreshadow - I get a little off balance when I stand. So far, I control it but, in the future, who knows?

Finally, the one symptom that bothers me is my mouth can't keep up with my brain. My wife says I speak quietly and don't enunciate. Problem is, I can do neither and so at times, I sound stupid - at least to myself; therefore, I figure the same perception goes to the recipient of my stunted mutterings. Thank God for the computer and the fact that I took typing as an option in high school, no doubt to avoid a more onerous subject. It has served me well.

Time to watch the American election news. It fascinates me. For one of the candidates, (two if you count his VP), Napolean's remark, that in politics, stupidity is not a handicap is highly appropriate. To avoid insulting any American friends,I won't say which candidate(s).

Good night and good news.

No comments:

Post a Comment