counter

Tuesday 25 December 2012

That's what friends are for

Thanks to all who have read my blog. I have had readers from all over the world, from countries too many to name but I think they are representative of every continent.

I would like to give special thanks to the following:

  • Ron F - an old friend from Shilo who has offered me spiritual guidance. Thanks RF, I don't need it now but you never know.
  • Gale M - a good friend with OCD who keeps me grounded and makes me laugh.
  • Zoe F - my short-lived teenage girlfriend who likes to keep in touch.
  • Edith W - another old friend who first brought my blog to the attention of our teenage friends
  • Faye H - another Shilo and internet friend
  • Bill B who communicates with me regularly.
  • Bruce H & Brian H - like a second family growing up and especially thanks to Bruce who reads regularly and keeps me up-to-date on Brian
  • my brother, Don, who is concerned enough about my health that he went out of his way to get me an herbal remedy and who selflessly gives me legal advice on labour problems
  • Tim K who helped ease my mind when he told me of his essential tremor and the fact he liked King Biscuit Boy
  • Doug J who defended me in a minor internet crisis. We were right DJ, our antagonist was wrong
  • my sister, Yvonne, who I know reads and re-reads my blog daily
  • my nieces and nephews who, I know are concerned
  • my children who worry about me. Don't fret, I am good and will continue to be so
  • Brownian Movement who encouraged me to keep writing
  • and finally my wife, Sharron. Where would I be without her? She's the best.

If I forgot anyone, forgive me. It is Christmas morning and I have a half-hour to get ready before the children and grandchildren arrive. To all the Shilobrats and my 18 or so "followers", have a happy and healthy new year.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Uncle Doug! Just wanted to comment and say a couple of things. Yes, I am concerned for you but reading your blog helps me know you are ok and incredibly strong. Your blog has also opened my eyes to what an amazing writer my Uncle is! Happy New Year. Your proud niece, Emily

    ReplyDelete