counter

Monday 3 December 2012

Happiness is health and a short memory.

It's been a few days since my disastrous walk and fall. Since then I have walked 3 times, 2 of which have been in the 2.5 mile range, without incident. The fall will now fade from my memory until the next time.

Today, I am feeling good. The pills are working and I had a good evening. Yesterday was tree day. All my children and their children came over to raise our Christmas tree. The two little boys were out of their minds with excitement and with 22 days left before the big day, I pity their parents. On the other hand, as their grandfather, I loved it. As I told my daughter, "diaper is just repaid backwards". Her "ha, ha" response was satisfying. She has a girl and she doesn't quite understand what is waiting for her when her daughter reaches her teens. As Shakespeare said (I think, maybe someone else) "I wish there were no age twixt twelve and one and twenty".

I just got back from the dermatologist who went a little crazy with the liquid nitrogen, attacking every age spot or sun damaged spot from the waist up. I now look like a walking wounded, burned in several places. I can put up with it a few days, he is only looking out for me but he needn't have pronounced that he'd better spray some spots on the top of my head because "your hair is obviously thinning."

He doesn't realize that I am not balding, I am just a little taller than my hair so my scalp peeks through.

No comments:

Post a Comment