counter

Monday 12 May 2014

L'improbable Lendemain

Unbelievable!! After being awake all night on Saturday until Sunday at 9:21AM, at which time, I fell into fitful sleep for a mere 2 hours, I did not feel tired.

"Don't panic," I told myself. You will be dead to the world for your afternoon nap."

NOPE! That was not to be. I was wide awake for the rest of the day.

"Don't panic," I told myself, you will fall asleep early this evening, probably by 7PM, just take 3.75mg of sleeping pills."

WRONG AGAIN. So at 10PM, I turned to more drugs, 15mg of Zopiclone, to be exact. I lost consciousness for the next 7 hours. I awoke semi-refressed. I got up with some energy so I did last night's dishes from our dinner party. Still I had some pep so I spent an hour on a real estate file. I then lost interest in doing legal work, which usually makes me tired because, well, it is just not very interesting. Closing the file, I made up my mind. I was starting to lose gas. The rest of the morning would be mine. This blog will come first and when I am finished, I will exercise for an hour on the stationary bike followed by a hot bath and a good book.

Drugs----the friends of PWP. There is a debate about when a PWP should begin a drug regime. I am in favour of starting right away so as to keep my life more normal as I grow old and feeble. The other side proposes that if you wait to take drugs, the effects will last longer into your twilight years. I don't care about my twilight years. Bring on the drugs. I need sleep and I certainly do not need my tremor at this time of my life.

Alas. I am tired and the stationary bike may not get a workout. Fatigue is enveloping me.

I have no more to say at the moment so I will quit today with "Good night, good night! Parting is such sweet sorrow, that I shall say good night till it be morrow." Gotta love old Will S."

No comments:

Post a Comment