counter

Thursday 22 May 2014

With PD there comes paranoia
Just something else to really annoy yuh

It is paranoia you see
That is starting to infiltrate me
Something ain't right
I'm getting uptight
Abandoning logic and reason

Is that guy with a bat after me
That's a cat not a bat you dummy
That feline's quite gaunt
Why would somebody want
A cat-like a bat; that's just teasin'

Logic has fled my thought lesion
And reason is no longer pleasin'
Apart they're not great
But it's never too late
Together behold! logical reason
Or maybe its reasonable logic.

On my walk this morning, I encountered two bouts of paranoia. The first occurred when a car pulled up quickly beside me and a man got out holding something."What the heck is he doing?" I wondered in fleeting fear for my safety. He rushed by me with a "good morning" as he strode up a path with a handful of books to deposit in the library's overnight bin.

The second occurred when a "weaselly" man crossed the street from the kitty corner, carrying a cup of something and running right at me. Again my fight or flight response was activated. He totally ignored me as he passed in a vain attempt to catch a bus.

Am I entering a stage of paranoia, which would not be good, or am I just an idiot? I think the latter, for I certainly felt like a fool.

Or maybe, paranoia is a strategy of mine? You never know.

I also got a glimpse of real paranoia in action. Health problems always create paranoia. A good friend of mine is unable to lift his arm above his head.

"Stiffness," I joked, "Maybe you have parkinson's."

"I know," he replied. "I have thought of that and I going to bring it up with my doctor."

If you are reading this, me fine son, your chances of getting PD are very low (around 1%). It is probably a muscle thing that will eventually resolve itself.

In other words, when you hear the sound of hoof beats, think horses, not zebras.

No comments:

Post a Comment