counter

Tuesday 19 July 2016

There be angels in my life

I don't have many really good friends. Never needed too many; but, over time I have gained a few, people who will watch my six and be there when needed. Citizens call them "caregivers" but we PWP know better. They are angels. They are the ones who will offer any kind of help as PD progresses. You know who you are.

Instinctively the sainted ones will know when and what to do; but, if you need a little hint, here is a excerpt from an advertisement for a gathering of the clan found on the website of the National Parkinson Foundation.

  • The incidence and severity of PD symptoms vary from day to day, and even from one time of day to another. It takes skill and patience to know when to assist with a task and when to simply allow the person more time to do the task independently.
  • It also takes time and ongoing education to learn the many symptoms of PD as well as the often complicated medication regimens that offer the most symptom relief and improve quality of life.
  • Caregivers must closely observe the person with Parkinson’s over time to detect and respond helpfully to subtle changes in motor function (how we move) and mood (how we think and feel).
  • The person you care for might not be aware of his or her changing abilities. Understanding of health risks (such as falling) may not have “caught up” to his or her actual level of risk and impairment.

Read the "careMap linked to that website. It will help define the role of the "caregiver".

Of course, I don't think I will ever require a great deal of intensive care. But, if I do, I know who to call - a good friend

Friendship is a knot tied by the hands of angels

USA IN THE LEAD (STILL)

Statistics for the past 7 days:

  1. USA 291
  2. Canada 80
  3. United Kingdom 26
  4. Russia 15
  5. Mauritius 8
  6. France 6
  7. Portugal 3
  8. Ukraine 2
  9. India 1
  10. Japan 1

Total to date 54,073. I am grateful to all of you.

I must arise and go now. I hear a TV in the background. I find politics in our southern neighbour to be fascinating

No comments:

Post a Comment