counter

Monday 2 January 2017

Hallucination - A species of reality.

They're back, those fleeting hallucinations brought on by exhaustion. Exhaustion brought on by PD. Therefore, at this stage, by the axiom of equality, PD is the nexus of my problem with, ahem, ghosts.

Do you want examples? Of course you do.

Okay, at this moment, I "feel" a rather large man looking over my right shoulder trying to see what I am writing. I move my shoulder to block his vision. I look and see nothing. None of these apparitions are at all scary and can be somewhat humorous. Try this one on for size, a couple of days ago, while watching a hockey game on T.V., the linesman, charged with dropping the puck for a face off, entered the screen, riding on a bicycle. A shake of my head got rid of that particular notion.

Yes, PD can have its unusual themes. They are rare and uncertain and for now, they do no damage. If they become more real, I will not escape PD unscathed.

I read somewhere (newspaper, I think) that Nietzsche commented that certainty can cause more damage than uncertainty, (something along those lines). If that be true, we are all (you choose)

  1. doomed /
  2. on the right path
  3. none of the above.

Genuine hallucinations or delusions are more common among long term, elderly, victims of PD less common, but still occur in the young. If you have hallucinations like mine, sit back and enjoy the short visits they make.

It is theatre of the absurd.

No comments:

Post a Comment