counter

Saturday 28 January 2017

I never worry about the future. It will arrive soon enough

I am sitting here, body is wracked with pain, especially my shoulders and lower back. But, I assure all of you who wrote to me both publicly and privately, I am all right.

A little old man was sittin' on a step
A tear trickled down his cheek
I said "What's the matter?"
He said,"I think some PD poltergeist pushed me down the stairs"
I said "Hmm. How often does this happen?"
He said,"Getting more frequent, sadly"
I said "why do you sit here and brood?"
He said, "I got the parkinson's blues so things are inevitable."
I said "reach out, take my hand, you'll understand
Baby everything is alright, uptight, outta sight. Baby, everything is alright, uptight, outta sight.

What really happened?

Just what I told you; one second I was on the stairs, the next I was lying on the floor, feeling my bloody head and worrying about the glass that would soon cover me. Then I am sitting in front of the computer wondering what to do. I had blacked out somewhere between the glass shower and the computer.

What glass? You never mentioned glass before.

You are right, I did not. Later that night, while I was lying down, snippets started to come back to me. I fell about 4 steps, not face first but feet first, and upon hitting the basement, I did a poor imitation of a forward roll and my left heel bashed against a life sized mirror leaning against the wall , causing it to shatter but no glass was released. I rolled some more, scraping my left cheek and hitting some object that gashed my forehead.

That is he extent of my memories, I still have no idea of how I got to the computer. Confusing? no. Scary, yes. Concussions never cause a giggle, no matter how minor. I should be worried and depressed; but Bill Cosby's song keeps playing in my mind:

Baby everything is alright, uptight, outta sight. Baby, everything is alright, uptight, outta sight.

No comments:

Post a Comment