counter

Tuesday 14 August 2018

To tell or not to tell, that is the question.

You have been diagnosed. Do you keep it a secret? I guess it depends on the circumstances; for example, keep it on the down low if revealing your condition would negatively affect your profession.

On the other hand, the disease is not contagious; it does not define you, so, why keep it to your self. I told everyone I knew. I thought they might be interested. Most were not. I now leave it to the person to ask me or, I give them the address of this blog.

One of the little gifts that PD grants us is constipation. Not a pleasant subject, but a perfectly natural process that proper upper classes refuse to discuss. Well, I don't belong in the upper echelons, so here goes.

Prior to learning of PD, I suffered from "runner's diarrhea". In the months before I was diagnosed, loose bowels were often a hardship that interfered with many a race. I read about cough medicine causing constipation, so prior to every run, I dosed myself. I was that desperate! In SouthBeach I was acquainted with every public toilet from 14th Street to the hill in the park.

Once I discovered I had been blessed with PD, I ended my cough medicine regime. PD compaction was all I needed and my runs became uneventful. So for me, PD constipation is a good thing but, until now, I have kept it to myself. I have been told that my toilet habits should not be the topic du jour.

I just broke that rule. Don't tell anybody.

However, I am wont to move onto urine. I don't know about you, but it seems that in the evening, my bladder contains a copious amount of liquid waste and every time I stand, I feel the urgent need to pee. Fortunately, my bedroom is across the hall from the bathroom, so no accidents. I am certain this new condition is PD's mischief. Thank you, PD.

Now I see there is an MJF webinar on the 16th concerning urinary problems and PD. I will have to check that out.

I must arise and go now and go to the WC. Until the next time, good running.

“You hate birthdays yet pee your pants over presents. There is clearly something wrong with you,"
A beautiful Lie by Tara Sivec

No comments:

Post a Comment