counter

Sunday 30 September 2018

Oh that magic feeling

Saw Paul McCartney a couple of days ago. I had seen him once before - a very memorable concert, but this one, this one "blew my mind" as we used to say. It was, quite simply the best show I have ever seen (and yes, I have seen some good entertainment, eg, Black Sabbath, Led Zepplin, Iron Butterfly, Segovia, etc). At 76 years of age, Paul is still the greatest.

Only one problem. I was so "up" for the show, so into the music and the spectacle, that I subconsciously released the chains that were keeping my PD captive. My hand began to tremble, a long muscle (or nerve - I don't know anatomy) in my forearm began to tighten while my right leg went into spasm.

It was all very weird. It makes me think that my brain must work in concert with my drugs. Somehow the brain seems to assist the drugs in keeping me symptom-free. The music and the performance subdued that part of my brain that keeps tabs on PD and the symptoms escaped. Fortunately, the brain rearrested the escapees once I relaxed in bed at home and let my mind go blank.

Have you ever noticed that the highly intense PWP exhibit the most symptoms. Me neither, I have never noticed that in anybody I know; but, the existence of such people would fit perfectly into my theory that a part of the brain helps keep the symptoms at bay, so, they must be out there. Keep looking. A corollary would add that if you are highly symptomatic, you need to relax, permit the brain to shut down like they do in meditation.

When you meditate, you embrace your problems, your fears, your concerns, and even your anger. Let the body use its natural powers to heal itself (or so I have been told, I was never a fan of meditation, but I am going to start - tomorrow, Wednesday at the latest).

Where there are thoughts, it is distraction:
when there no thoughts, it is meditation*

Join me in my pursuit of nothingness.

*Ramana Maharishi

No comments:

Post a Comment