counter

Thursday 6 September 2018

What's up doc?

Saw my doctor yesterday. He is a good family doctor and I have learned more from him about PD than from my neuro. He confirmed my shoulder problems are caused by a rotator cuff problem and I can expect months of pain. Other than that, I am in perfect health (here I touch wood), but, "Months"!!!

I remember playing hockey in my youth. In those days there were no helmets or face masks....Well, there was a sort of helmet, a large leather patch at the back of the head attached with straps to a smaller patch of leather at the front. I didn't even wear that. This was before Jacques Plante and I took a wicked shot that hit me on the side of the nose and eye. For a while, I took the blue/red/yellow/black shiner like a badge of honor but it took a long time before it disappeared. I was sick of it after a few weeks.

I am sick of shoulder pain. It has worn out its welcome.

We PWP must take care not to blame every ache and pain on PD. We might miss something serious.

Aside from my shoulder pain, things are going better for me. I no longer fight with my sheets and standing from sitting is definitely improved. I remain a perpetual optimist.

Hit me with your best shot, PD. I can take it.

No comments:

Post a Comment