counter

Monday 24 December 2018

A great deal of (un)certainty

And so this is Christmas - 8 years since Dr. Oz predicted a cure for our predicament within 10 years. Best wishes to the tribe for 2019, or 2020 or 2021, etc. A cure is coming but who knows when.

I told you I would describe the cause of my PD, so here goes:

  • Head trauma. I have been concussed three times that I remember.
  • My mother and father had the shaking palsy or essential tremor, or some other shaking disease, ergo, I inherited it.
  • Exposure to toxic materials. As a boy, I would run through clouds of DDT. The chemical fog kept the army base free of mosquitos but it must have wreaked havoc on my brain.
  • I am getting old and old people get PD.
  • I think my brain aged faster than my body.

I hear you. Nobody knows what causes PD; therefore my list may well be correct.

So now it is Christmas Dr. OZ et al, and what will you do?. Just keep your eye on the target and don't keep us waiting for that cure you predicted.

I am growing weary of waiting.

No comments:

Post a Comment