counter

Tuesday 11 December 2018

Weapons of choice

I was chatting with three other boxers who were all 2 - 3 years post-diagnosis. We were laughing at how we manage getting out of bed in the mornings, how we put on our pants, pull up socks, avoid stairs, etc. I thought about it after and realized that entering my 9th year, my symptoms, save only for some balance issues, which I can manage, were not unlike those of the PWP entering their 3rd year. How can that be? I think that on average I should be completely dependant on others. What has caused my slow progression? My thoughts are:
  • luck? Maybe. But, this year my good luck has been replaced with bad following a string of good years. Maybe the good just lost interest; however, I cling to the illusion of good luck.
  • positive attitude? Could be. When I encountered J. of Grey Cottage, though this blog, who is a PWP and, at that time had been in stage 1 for 16 years, I decided I would follow J's example. To this day I continue to believe it will take at least 20 years before this disease floors me and by then, I expect medicine will have new and improved methods to fight PD. Maybe even a cure! Most likely, I will be dead.
  • Obsession with exercise? Probably. But just to make sure, I want to add an additional boxing session each week.
  • Divine intervention. Puhleeze! If a God exists, he/she certainly does not have time to deal with my complaints.

In summation, I don't have a clue what has slowed my progress. Nada. Whatever it is, please keep up the good work.

No comments:

Post a Comment