counter

Friday 4 November 2022

Walking is so overrated!

"You are so skinny dad," my daughter exclaimed.

"Wait!  Whaaat!! 

175 pounds is hardly skinny. 

I sucked in my belly and posed before the bathroom mirror, and...

THE MIRROR CRACKED FROM SIDE TO SIDE 

A curse has come upon me," I cried.  (my apologies to Tennyson -The Lady of Shalott)

Before me, surrounded by images of bottles of oils and other stuff conducive to the rigours of good grooming, was my reflection.

In the centre of this body-grooming chaos was a refugee out of time, looking much like the POW's liberated from Japanese prison camps at the conclusion  of WWII, 

  Emaciated, skin hanging like curtains from bony outcrops here and there.

To the doctor I go and discover, nothing, nothing at all.

My blood work and scans suggest I am a healthy human.  Very healthy at 76.

Why then are my legs so weak?  Why are my lower limbs turning inward?  Why can't I walk?  Why am I starting to look like a Hallowe'en character?

Dunno. Must be the PD combined with the side effects from your PD meds.

 OK, but........ 

To be continued  

Note:  in 7weeks, or so, I lost 52 pounds to 123,   I have since rebounded to 148

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Doug. I am thrilled that you have taken to your blig, again! I look forward to following your musings! It was great to see you, in-person, last week!

    ReplyDelete