counter

Tuesday 29 July 2014

“Doubt … is an illness that comes from knowledge and leads to madness.”

PD IS DRIVING ME CRAZY. It's the exhaustion. It is like an albatross on my shoulders wearing me down. I can't nap because then I can't sleep at night, even with drugs. Exhaustion and, oh yes, my work are moving me toward the bliss of insanity. There is just too much of both. I feel like I am juggling elephants. One of them has to go and, since I have no control over exhaustion, my victim will be my work. I am going to retire. Mind you, I said that in June, then July and now I have work through September....so stand by.

Parkinson's is an insidious condition. It hits you everywhere. Some of my symptoms have been periodic but I have several that seem content to stay; eg, tremor in right hand, dry mouth, dry eyes, a voice like a little girl suffering from a serious cold (why o why did I not take the voice therapy seriously), a tendency to mumble, vivid dreams (some of which I enjoy), a loss of smell and a slight loss of balance when standing or turning. I am not complaining, there are more people in far worse condition. Consider this poor chap in the fourth video. Thank God for medication. I hope I never get that bad. I expect to be dead before reaching that point and the PD drugs do work well on me. I am not afraid. I am just going crazy, that's all.

“Mad Hatter: “Why is a raven like a writing-desk?”
“Have you guessed the riddle yet?” the Hatter said, turning to Alice again.
“No, I give it up,” Alice replied: “What’s the answer?”
“I haven’t the slightest idea,” said the Hatter” (Lewis Carroll)

No comments:

Post a Comment