counter

Monday 15 September 2014

"I was walking down the street wearing glasses when the prescription ran out." (Steven Wright - of course)

Life for a PWP appears to be a Zero Sum Game. Something good happens then bingo! Something bad has to happen to set it off.

I started taking a low dose of L-Dopa along with the mirapex and amantadine. I was a different person. People could hear what I had to say and the inability to find words all but disappeared. Then my eyesight got weird. I could no longer see the clues in the crossword. Could the L-Dopa be the culprit or is just another coincidence? Perhaps. There is always room for coincidence and my life is filled with seemingly cause and effect occurrences, so I don't underestimate the frequency of coincidence, but it is curious that they occurred so close together.

On the upside, the trekking poles have taken over my walks. PWP should go immediately to a sporting goods store and buy a set. They range in price from $20.00 to over $200.00. I paid less than $100.00 and it was an excellent investment. I started off just walking, confident I would not fall, but today, I went to the school yard and literally bounded around the field. It was better than running and much better than walking. You work out both your upper and lower body. More importantly, you get the workout required for slowing the rate of progress of the disease.

Stats for this past week

  1. Romania 36
  2. Canada 34
  3. Ukraine 23
  4. United Kingdom 21
  5. United States 18
  6. Turkey 10
  7. Bulgaria 5
  8. Poland 3
  9. France 1
  10. Russia 1

total page views to date 25,793

No comments:

Post a Comment