counter

Thursday 6 October 2016

May the road rise to meet you and the wind be always at your back.

I have always been fascinated by hurricanes. I see them as a mad, out of control, army of tornados and high winds. You remember the Tasmanian devil of cartoon fame? Gnashing and growling ...just running amok. That's the hurricane, a biblical tempest of chaos, intent on adding to the catalog of human woes. Danger incarnate.

I was 10 when Hurricane Hazel went through Nova Scotia, uprooting large trees, knocking out power, etc. Not a pleasant experience and that was just the tail end of a monster hurricane

Then there was Hurricane Andrew and in Florida City, you can see trees, stripped of all of their bark. Such was the fury of Andrew. Now there appears to be a ferocious one heading for Florida. I wish my Florida friends all the best and advise them to get out of its way. It's going to be a BIG one.

Frankly, I would prefer a 1966 type blizzard. At least you are safe in your house. A big Hurricane can tear your house down around you.

Parkinson's is much the same as a hurricane (here the blogger strains for a metaphor), inner turmoil, outward chaotic shaking, designer attacks just to foil attempts to contain it......OK, OK. No metaphor here, just a confession. I really wanted to write about hurricanes, not PD.

To my friends in Florida, stay safe.

But hey, the blogger turns on CNN and is delighted to hear nothing about Donald Trump. This hurricane will keep them occupied for a few days!!

Footnote - did you know that, Florida, on average, has more tornados than any other state except Texas and Oklahoma (I read that somewhere. They must count the ones inside the hurricanes)

No comments:

Post a Comment