counter

Friday 15 June 2018

Oh, the drama of it all!

These days I know I really do have PD and it is having its way with me. I guess I am mid stage 3. I have encountered or am encountering the following:
  1. Stiffness. I walk my granddaughter to school every day but today I only made it halfway. My legs were so stiff (how stiff were they?) They were so stiff I was walking like an aging Frankenstein. And, of course, there was pain that revealed itself whenever I reached down for her little hand.
  2. Loss of Stability. The last couple of weeks, I would have fallen several times were it not for the presence of a wall or tree to stumble against and keep me upright.
Now I wear the cloak of uncertainty. If I stand up, will I trip the light fandango or, will I fall without any foreplay? I just don't know. I only know that the persistence of PD in its rush to claim control, is getting me down.....just a little bit mind you. I intend to keep on fighting. Defeat is not an option.
I can see your eyes well up with pity. "Poor fool," you mutter. It is pre-ordained that PD will win the war. Why fight it. Just quit and admit defeat."
Sorry, no can do. My plan is to flood its path with mud with the viscosity of molasses. I know I can't win, but I can still slow it down After all, the sun will come up tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment