counter

Monday 4 March 2019

Life in the bat cave

Sometimes the future scares me. I think and worry about outliving my wife, or worse, my kids. I feel lonely when I think of being a widower. Without my wife (who I love dearly) I would be a fish out of water.  My wife is the captain of my ship and I need her until I die.

That is an important consideration for PWP.  Who is going to be your caregiver when you reach that point? For me, that will be my wife and absent her, my 3 children, all of whom live within 5 minutes of me.

Another thing you should be thinking of if you are Canadian is the disability tax credit.  It could be worth a few thousand dollars.  I started filling out the application myself and quickly decided I needed help.  An internet search led me to find an expert in this matter and I settled on Grants International and so far I have no complaints.  Other countries will no doubt have similar programs.

I don't go out much anymore.  I live on the Canadian prairies and the sidewalk and roads are too icy for me.  I have fallen a few times on dry land so snow and ice keep me practically house-bound.  I am reduced to the use of a stationary bike and a treadmill but I still make a point to exercise daily.  Studies have concluded that exercise will slow the progression of PD.  Remember that the next time you think, "Exercise! I will do it tomorrow.  I am going to watch a movie today."



Think carefully about tomorrow, about domani, because sometimes domani never comes.

No comments:

Post a Comment