counter

Thursday 23 September 2021

A little bit of boxing helps the shakes go down

 Last evening I experienced an example of how vicious Parkinson's can be.  I reached for a bottle of water on my bedside table.  My hand started to shake uncontrollably.  This was not a tremor, it was an out and out crazy shake and I managed to knock the bottle of water off the table along with other things.  There was no controlling it, I just had to wait it out.  Eventually it subsided.  I hope never to encounter it again.

I wish I could return to boxing (balance issues).  I am sure it would help.  If you are interested in boxing, and live in or near Winnipeg, contact the CAO of U-TURN PARKINSON'S. His name is Tim, and he can be reached at 204.781.2327. Boxing (no bodily contact) seems to suppress the symptoms of Parkinson's.   All parkie patients and volunteers are welcome.

Go to their website https://www.uturnparkinsons.org for more info

No comments:

Post a Comment