counter

Saturday 25 February 2012

But it was just one beer!

We decided to eat at a little bodega-type place around the corner, outside of course. It was hot, so I decided a beer would be appropriate. But, my memory is not what it used to be, if it ever was. Alcohol and amantadine do not enjoy each other's company (see In Vino Veritas in January). I should have remembered but the beer tasted so cool and good against a background of bikini clad young ladies heading for the beach with their buff boyfriends in tow; taxis and really expensive cars passing by under a canopy of palm trees that line the street (there are no rusty or dirty cars down here). It was a scene out of a postcard and a bottle of beer fit in perfectly. I swallowed it down and spent the rest of the night regretting it. The combination of the beer and the medication brought on insomnia. I WAS AWAKE ALL NIGHT!!!!

The energy of the beer/amantadine cocktail lasted well into the morning and I was able to do a 3 mile run at 7:30AM. The fastest run yet. Who needs steroids!

I crashed about noon. No more alcohol for this PWD.

No comments:

Post a Comment