counter

Thursday 24 May 2012

The Eyes Have It.

PD, or the medication I take to control it, dry out my eyes, mouth and lips. Consequently I have to:

(1). put drops in each eye three times daily to keep them moist. The first time I did it, I put on my glasses to watch TV and the people on the screen turned into grotesque monsters. I realized later that it was probably because the liquid covering my eyeball gave me an extra lens. It was like looking through 2 powerful lenses on each eye!

(2).spray the inside of my mouth with some liquid that acts as a sort of artificial saliva and coat my lips with lip balm. Unfortunately, neither lasts too long so I have to keep drinking a liquid and licking my lips. When I am stressed, the dryness increases incrementally and my constant licking and troubled speech are not at all attractive. I always have to explain my dilemma and the listeners always empathize and understand why I seem to be addicted to coke.

Unfortunately, my addiction to coke (the drink, not the drug) is all too real and generally marks an arrested development of my journey into old age. Thank goodness it now serves another useful purpose.

No comments:

Post a Comment