counter

Thursday 8 November 2012

Wonderin' where the lions are......

Now three days without any wild symptoms. Things are going great. My walk this morning was chilly but a reasonable pace. My gait was fine; my arm swing natural on both sides. My right foot tended to shuffle a bit, but using the advice I was given by a fellow from England, I consciously heel-toed it and that slew the shuffle (by the way, if that fellow reads this, you changed the URL for the forum. Can you get it for me, I miss reading it)

Getting back to my non-symptoms. No toe curling - leg straightening - knot forming cramps. That's a relief! Furthermore, my tremor cannot get out to do its dance as the drugs are keeping it a wallflower. It wants out; I can feel it moving around in my right arm. It needs to be released but I have had enough of that embarrassment. It is staying where it is!

I am not totally symptom free, I still have those myoclonic spasms (to the nth degree) when I am resting and about to fall asleep but, in an odd sort of twisted way, I don't mind them. You never know what part of the body will be hit or what intensity it will be hit with. And, when they come, they come in bunches (4 or 5) which is another facet I shamelessly enjoy.

My voice remains quiet and with a sultry, cold-induced quality to it. This after 8 weeks of voice training. My failure to practise what my therapist told me is the reason for my quiet rasp. I have just decided to remain silent. You can't get in trouble if you remain silent and yet, silence can be a powerful weapon.

Mentally, I remain quite positive about my future. As someone said to my brother and me, a long time ago, "you guys could fall in a bucket of shit and come out smelling like roses." It is true, we seem to be lucky that way (here the author touches wood).

It's a new day; suns up; no rain; snow on hold and chilly but not real cold. Today I am slowing down and taking the day off to just doing nothing.

A kind of euphoria has me in its grasp. I am feeling real good.

But.........I keep wondering where the lions are.

No comments:

Post a Comment