counter

Tuesday 23 April 2013

The Reluctant Pessimist

A pessimist is a person who thinks things will be worse tomorrow just because they were so good today. When you are a PWP, that's just realism. I try to avoid reality. In fact it is a fine line between reality and illusion and I seem to be erasing it daily. I try my best not to think of the future unless the future looks good. Then that old pessimism rears its ugly head. I mean, I feel good today and if it were not for a lack of word recalling ability, I would feel normal. But that's today, it can only mean things will go downhill from here.

Something I learned yesterday is that there is a possibility that the dopamine producing cells do not die off as previously thought; rather, they turn off and research into a cure should look for ways to turn them back on. That makes sense to me. Maybe the sun will come up tomorrow after all.

I will try to keep that good thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment