counter

Saturday 6 April 2013

When I repress my emotion....I can't. It is out of control!

James Joyce once remarked. "Men are governed by lines of intellect - women: by curves of emotion"

If that is case, someone HELP me. I am turning into a woman. PD plays with your emotions and moods and can even lead to depression. I started watching, dare I admit it, a teenage soap opera called One Tree Hill. I got hooked and watched the entire first season. If that weren't bad enough - here it comes- I got choked up at the happy ending. I was aghast at my reaction! It wasn't the first time it happened. I got choked up at the happy ending of a Jennifer Aniston movie too. But that was OK because hey, it was Jennifer Aniston. One Tree Hili, on the other hand is for teen females. Even its title is stupid! It must be a female's code for something sad or happy. The story lines are even stupider. But I sat through, Oh, I don't know, 24 hours or so, just to get choked up at the predictable conclusion.

......Oh the humanity!

To prove to myself I still had some self respect left, and to restore my machoness (assuming I ever had any), I decided to watch a thriller. I chose The Factory. It proved to be heart thumping, which increased my anxiety level, which increased my stress. When you are a PWP, you should avoid all stressors but, you know, I didn't get choked up when the detective (spoiler alert) saved his daughter from the pyschopath.

I think I am back; my machoness intact. I just have to avoid teenage soap operas and only watch thrillers. But wait,Pretty Little Liars looks interesting. No, stop it. Too late! I watched a couple of episodes. Now I wonder.....will Aria get together with Ezra? Will Hannah hook up with Lucas?

Will I ever get over this obsession? I doubt it. Obsessions are part of PD and especially my PD medication. If I have to obsess, why couldn't I obsess on chocolate or sex, like a normal PWP?

Why, lord, why?

1 comment: