counter

Sunday 28 April 2013

"Silence is golden, so stifle thyself" (Archie Bunker)

PD still does not cloak me. If we met on the street, you would not know I had the shaking palsy. The drugs control the tremor, but that doesn't mean PD has stopped its incessant destruction. No, now the signs of PD manifest themselves in a huge increase in saliva at the back of my throat. I keep having to make that "Hmmm" noise to clear it out when I talk; otherwise, it would sound as if I were talking under water. Plus, there is the hesitancy in my speech. I have to plan out what I am going to say and even then I stammer. It is becoming an annoying speech impediment. It is worse later in the day so to resolve it, I do what comes naturally to me - I watch TV. When you are a "watcher" you need not be a "talker".

The silence can be deafening!

No comments:

Post a Comment