counter

Tuesday 28 May 2013

The Parkie Preakness

I summoned all my courage at 4:30AM. What the heck? Can't sleep! Turn on the weather channel. 15C. Not exactly tropical, but pleasant for this time of day. Maybe I will try running again. I have to think about that for a bit. I do my stretches, get back into bed, try to sleep. Not going to happen. Might as well run....unless it is raining....I look out the window. No such luck. The sky is gray and gloomy, but it is not raining. No excuses. I don my running gear and head outside with my ipod blasting music into my noggin. Start walking. At the end of the block, George Thorogood and the Destroyers - Johnny B. Goode - kick me into high gear. I begin to run. As I approach the mile mark, I find myself having to resist the pull of my body forward and downward by some unknown force. I fight it and remain rigidly upright. In the end, I get in about 1.50 miles with a cool down of a 1.50 mile walk. Not bad. Not too shabby at all! I feel good, like I have beaten PD back a step or two.

I absented myself to the beach for two days of relaxation and meditation. It is too cool to do anything but watch movies and take the occasional walk. Here it is, May 25, and the ice is still on the lake. This is most unusual. Businesses are suffering and the town looks abandoned. Oh well! I came here to get away from the office and relax. Five movies later and I couldn't possibly be more relaxed. No stress and, as I have said before, exercise and an avoidance of stress are the only known (or maybe "accepted" is a better word) ways of slowing the progression of PD. I accomplish both at the cottage.

I, and I am sure all PWP, am really looking forward to Michael J. Foxe's new show (trailer) It is good that we can laugh at ourselves.



Lake Winnipeg, May 25, 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment