counter

Friday 15 November 2013

Gimme a break, Plato

Nothing in the affairs of men is worthy of great anxiety

WHO SAID THAT???

You were a very smart philosopher, Plato, but apparently you were never the victim of the shaking palsy. We who have been stricken have our moments of pure anxiety. You would too if you could no longer predict a serene future, relaxing at the lake in your old age. Our futures are clouded by the specter of PD. We know we are losing dopomine producing cells daily and there is nothing we can do about it. We can't even predict the onset of any of the 5 stages because each one of us will be different. I believe I am progressing slowly as the third anniversary of my diagnosis looms over me. I don't feel much worse than I did before diagnosis. I have a positive outlook but there are those moments, when I am alone with my thoughts, it comes to me...ANXIETY. I mean I have a DEGENERATIVE brain disorder, that should allow me be a little anxious now and again. So screw you Plato!

I have been delighting myself about my lack of symptoms then my wife reminded me:

  • People can barely hear me
  • Every so often my face shows no expression
  • every so often I am stooped forward when standing.

Bugger this! I am going to watch "The Killing". That should cheer me up!

No comments:

Post a Comment