counter

Sunday 19 January 2014

BOOM BOOM, ain't it great to be crazy

I had another virtual reality dream last night. I was the main character in the dream, playing the role of a 17 year old. I am standing with a girl who is looking sheepishly at the ground. I am shuffling my feet and trying to curb the urge to run away, right away. The problem is the girl's father. He is lecturing us in a rather soothing, but serious' voice. Apparently we've been caught doing something naughty. The father turns his head when his younger daughter says something. The girl takes this opportunity to poke me in the ribs and whispers, "Take him fishing."

"What?"

"Take him fishing and he will cool off. Maybe he will even come to like you."

She smiles.

I am in some type of water craft. Just me and the father. He catches a fish that is so big it does a kind of dance across the water. After a good fight, he lands the fish and suddenly, there are fish everywhere. In the water, in the boat and as wall paper in the background of the scene, filling the sky.

I awake. I have to go to the toilet. There is more to the dream and I am intent on remembering the denouement. As I sit in the bathroom, I can remember the ending in technicolor. But, come the morning, I have forgotten that part entirely. Nothing. Just a blank. I wonder what happened after he caught that fish. Who were those people? What is the significance of the fish? Am I going nuts?

Later, as I am doing my morning stretches, I remember something else about the dream.

If the dream is a prediction of things to come, I might be going nuts. My brain flashes on the dream's background music playing on a record player on the girl's door step. It is Leonard Cohen's "Suzanne", except someone has changed the lyrics.

"And she knows you're half crazy but that's why she has to be here"

I am beginning to think that insanity is a form of recreation for me. It could become a team sport, if you want to join.

Anyone?

No comments:

Post a Comment